9.19.2010

Maggie Q Doesn't Want to be Forgotten



Looks do kill, indeed. Maggie Q, who starred in Mission Impossible III (Zhen), Live Free or Die Hard (Mai Linh), and Naked Weapon (Charlene Ching), had just shifted her career to television as she plays Nikita in CW's new show. We cannot deny that Maggie Q is certainly one of the breakouts.


When she was asked what had drawn to the script or the character (Nikita), she answered:
I loved the original film, the Luc Besson film. I never saw any other incarnation of Nikita. But the thing that I always loved about Nikita, the character, and that I thought Luc Besson was very smart about in the ’90s, was [creating] this incredibly flawed female. You’re rooting for her because she’s escaped. You’re rooting for her because she’s been given no choice in her life. But at the same time you’re dealing with somebody who’s taken on an enormous responsibility to get back at the people who not only have hurt her in her life but are hurting the country that she loves. I think flawed heroines are something that people relate to a lot more than they do to superheroes. -(source)

While her billboard for Nikita is seen all over town, she says, "My mind is all about work. I see those posters and I got, 'S*%t I better live up to that hype!' Not by taking more clothes off but by making something that people won’t forget. That’s what it is for me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment